The process involved to apply for PMAY scheme, by the Ministry of Housing and Urban development is a simple one. It has a two-page form which needs to be filled up asking for some personal details.
- First of all, the applicant needs to give his Aadhaar number, which is immediately verified, to reduce the probability of any deceit.
- Then the applicant needs to give his personal details like his current residential address, the head of the family etc.
There are 2 categories under which the scheme can be applied for:
Under other 3 components:
- Middle Income Groups(MIGs) (Annual Income between Rs. 6 lakhs and Rs. 18 lakhs)
- Lower Income Groups (LIGs) (Annual Income between Rs. 3 lakhs and Rs. 6 lakhs)
- Economically Weaker Sections(EWS) (Annual Income up to Rs. 3 lakhs),
who live in an area where there are 60-70 houses where 300 people reside in unhygienic conditions without the basic infrastructure and facilities like sanitation, drinking water, etc.
The Process of applying online To Other 3 components/ Slum Dwellers:
- Log on to the website pmaymis.gov.in
- Click the Citizen Assessment drop-down and Select the ‘Benefits under other 3 components’ option OR the “Slum Dwellers’ option, whichever is applicable
- Give your Aadhar number, which will be immediately verified
- Then you will be asked to provide your personal details
- In case you fill in something wrong by mistake, this can be edited with the help of your Application and Aadhaar number
- After this, you need to fill in the Captcha and Submit.
The Process for Applying for PMAY through Citizen Service Centres (CSC)
The process for applying for PMAY through CSC is a little different.
For this, you need to
- locate your nearest CSC by logging on to apnacsconline.in
- Select your state, district, and Block names from the provided drop-down menu
- You will get a list of CSCs locations, select your nearest one and after paying a fee of Rs. 25 in the Centre, you can complete the form
- After an e-Know Your Customer process is completed, your form can be submitted
Instructions for filling the Online Application form for PMAY:
- Check your eligibility to apply for the scheme, by logging on to the PMAY website and see the beneficiary list
- Make sure to have your Aadhaar card number, which is mandatory
- Keep your bank income details ready to fill in the details
- Identity proof documents should include a PAN card, Voter’s ID or Driving License
- Bank details and statements, IT return statements should be ready
- Proof that the applicant does not own a pucca house and is now constructing a home under this scheme
How to Check your status of your Application?
- By your Application Number
- By providing your personal details like name, ID proof, father’s name
- Log on to the website of PMAY
- Go to the Citizen Application option and choose the Check Status button
- Select one of the options which apply to you: By Application number OR By name, father’s name and ID type
- Enter the information required and the status can be seen