State Minister of Finance, Mr Santosh Kumar Gangwar, recently informed Rajya Sabha that Income Tax department has identified 11 Lakhs+ PANs as either duplicate or fake and have initiated action by cancelling them or deactivating them. This is a huge number of PANs and thus increases the chances of a inadvertent mistake, as well. It makes sense to check if our PAN isn’t that inadvertent mistake.
And its quite simple actually, just follow the steps below:
- Visit the income tax department’s website incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
- On the left side of the Home Page, under the “Services’ tab, click on “Know your PAN”
- You will be taken on a new page and asked for name, gender, religion, date of birth and registered mobile number. Input the information and Submit
- You will receive a One Time Password (OTP) on your registered mobile number. Enter that OTP as requested on the page.
- The result will display the status of your PAN; “Acitve” or “Not Active”